The Northern Dancer was developed at the urgings of noted Canadian artist Roy Henry Vickers. If you have an experienced crew or have spent time in the Northern Dancer, and are familiar with it’s paddling characteristics, we’d be happy to build you one.
If initial stability is more of a concern, as it might be if you are working with kids or non-paddlers then consider the Spirit Dancer. If the Spirit Dancer is too large please check out the Clan Dancer. If you represent a ‘Southern’ community, perhaps our Pacific Dancer will meet your needs.
Options & Features
- Aluminum thwarts for maintenance-free durability
- Seats standard with styrofoam 4.5″ x 10″ to provide maximum flotation
- Center two seats removable for cargo storage
- Fiberglass seat rail for extra strength
- Interior gunnel 1.25″ x 1.25″
- End chambers filled with styrofoam for additional buoyancy
- Hull reinforced with 1/2″ marine structural foam
- Keel line reinforced with Kevlar and s-glass
- Outer gunnel constructed from customized vinyl extrusion for maintenance-free durability.
Note: Voyageur displayed in image.
Please inquire for pricing on these options: Birst Bark Paint, Sail, Drop Skeg, Removable Center Seats.
Max # of Paddlers: 9-10
- Length: 31′
- Beam: 54″
- Bow Height: 50″
- Stern Height: 50″
- Center Height: 23″
- Fiberglass: 430 lbs